Ongoing destruction of our environment
The seven deadly sins are also known as Capital Vices or Cardinal Sins. Which might leave you wondering which of the seven deadly sins does the ongoing destruction of our environment fit into? Here are the seven with definitions. Below is a short video from GetUp! about the ongoing threat to and destruction of the Great Barrier Reef. Let’s see if you can work it out.
1 Lust – excessive and insatiable desires
2) Gluttony – the over-indulgence or over-consumption of anything
3) Greed – also known as avarice or covetousness, is, like lust and gluttony, a sin of excess. However, greed (as seen by the church) is applied to a very excessive or rapacious desire and pursuit of wealth, status, and power.
4) Apathy – (AKA Acedia) is the neglect to take care of something that one should do.
5) Wrath – uncontrolled feelings of hatred and anger
6) Envy – an insatiable desire to deprive others
7) Vainglory – (Pride) narcissistic pride & boastfulness